Wow, I need to get back on the wagon with this whole blogging thing...
Lanie turned 3 a couple weeks ago, and it was a total blast. Here are a few pictures, and a list of "Did You Know's" about Lanie.
Did You Know That...
- Lanie isn't potty trained? She absolutely refuses. We're gonna try again in a few weeks.
- Lanie won't let you call her anything but Lanie. Several times a day, this is what I hear... "I not sweetie pie. I Lanie!" "I not honey. I Lanie!" "I not Lanie Bug. I Lanie!" "I not sweetheart. I Lanie!" You'd think I'd get the point, but I still call her nicknames. :)
- Lanie is obsessed with Mean Guys. She will point out all the mean guys in the movies she watches. And she will tell you all about them.
- Lanie LOVES animals. Any and all animals. She would be in heaven on a farm. No fear whatsoever.
- Lanie is very attuned to moods and feelings. She gets very sad if one of us is sad. She has to console if someone is hurt. She really doesn't like it if Rett is crying. She wants to help if she ever can.
- Lanie is still fearless. She will do anything she sees that looks hard.
- Lanie loves getting her nails painted. And she loves to tell you that your outfit looks cute. :)
- Lanie loves to dance. She will get on some dress-up clothes and ask you to dance with her. Or she will spin around while singing.
- Lanie is very into the Polly Pockets recently. She will carry at least 2 wherever she goes. She loves having them talk to each other and play with each other.
- Lanie will only wear skirts. She hates wearing pants. And she also won't wear long sleeves. This makes winter rather difficult. :) We make it work...
- Lanie is like Lexi- a little late-talker. But that's okay. She's a little below average, but I'm confident she'll pick it up just like Lexi did.
- Lanie still takes a 3-hour nap. I'm one lucky mommy. And she is a happy toddler because of it. :)
- Lanie is a good little helper. Every time she sees me start to feed Rett she automatically gets a burp cloth and a diaper. She knows that I'll need them, so she gets them for me.
- Lanie LOVES Rett. She is so good with him, has never been jealous of him and always tries to make him happy. If he starts to fuss, I will ask her to go talk to him and she happily does so.
- Lanie loves mac n cheese, and not so much hot dogs, the exact opposite of Lexi. She'll have mac n cheese anytime.
One last pic with Auntie Valentina. We love her! Oh, and Tyler too. :)
- Lanie is an absolute joy. We are so happy to have her in our family. I can't wait to see who she will grow up to be! Just don't call her anything but Lanie. :)