3/23/2009

Exhausted

Sorry, no pictures. Laney keeps getting worse and worse with the sleeping lately. That's okay. At least she's healthy. She has a hard time sleeping at night, and just when Lexi goes down for her nap and I would love to join in on the afternoon sleeping, Laney decides she wants to be held. Again, totally okay.

I just feel bad for Lexi who has a tired and cranky mother.

Scare of my life happened the other day- I'm fixing Lexi's dresser (the knobs keep falling off) and Laney is occasionally fussing in the swing. Lexi's very good at putting her paci back in her mouth, and she's been doing it all day, so I ask Lexi to do that for me. A few minutes go by, and Lexi comes walking in- with Laney in her hands! I just about died. She had taken Laney out of the swing and decided to bring her to me. Ah!

I quickly explained to Lexi that she should always ask my help to hold her sister, and took Laney. There were at least some good points to this scare. First, Lexi was holding her exactly right- her little arms wrapped around her back, with Laney cuddled to her body. She wasn't dragging her by the head or anything. That at least tells me Lexi is somewhat capable. And she brought Laney right to me- she didn't try and take her anywhere else and take care of her.

Still, I will be watching Lex a little more carefully from now on.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow I think I'd have a heart attack! Good for Lexi for being so capable. :) I still can't take my eyes off of Kennedy. She gets a little too rambunctious with Cameron. Maybe when he can sit on his own I'll feel more comfortable. At least that's what I'm hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you either really lucked out or Lex is a natural little mama. How many two year olds could successfully bring their mother an infant? If you are interested, I started reading Baby Wise yesterday, and I think it might be magic. Abigail went from 10 pm to 7 am without eating,which is unheard of for her. And it works much better if you start the baby earlier. It is all about getting these infants on a schedule that works for MOM. My neighbor did it with all of her kids, and her 5 month old has been sleeping 12 hours at night for two months! Worth a look.

    ReplyDelete