6/21/2009

Babysiting and such

1. This past week, Lexi and I had the privilege to play with Booker and Teichert who is my brother Clark's kids. You should go to Clark's blog simply because his wife Margaret is an awesome photographer. Anyway, here's some of the activities we ended up doing.


Coloring was fun. That kept them busy for quite a while, actually.
I made these lions for them and they played with them for maybe 10 minutes. Oh well. Apparently they would prefer to color.


Teichert was fascinated with Laney. He stared at her like this most of the time if the two of them were awake. He'd slowly bring his hand up to touch her face occasionally too.


Both Lexi and Booker made towers. Here's Lexi's. And her cheese face.


This is Booker's. Much more sturdy. Which turned out to be brilliant because Teichert kept pushing Lexi's down. I think he was intimidated by Booker's, so he left it alone.

Anyway, it was really fun. They had fun playing together. What was the funniest was seeing the differences between Booker's playing and Lexi's playing. At one point Booker was trying to find a way to ride Lexi's big red car down the slide, which I stopped him from doing, and Lexi was in her room feeding her Dolly and rocking it to sleep. Boys and girls are so different...

2. It's been raining and cold for 2 weeks. Seriously? It's mid-June and I don't have a tan. This is when I start looking up plane tickets for Phoenix.

3. I ran 4 miles in 45 minutes. Sadly, I didn't stop to walk at all, and I was still that slow. Oh well. I'm a jogger. I'll never be a runner. I recall an entry I read on this person's blog and she said that she had the best birthday because she ran 10 miles that morning. On her birthday. On my birthday I eat an entire chocolate cake. I aspire to enjoy running that much.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again, Cassie. Booker had a blast. And I think it was good for him to spend a whole day with a couple of girls and all their girly stuff. Sorry about the whole car down the slide thing. Crazy kid.

    ReplyDelete