2/09/2011

Georgia

Oh my goodness, our trip to Georgia was a total blast! I will tell you about it in the shortest form I can, since there was so much we had fun doing...

The things I learned on our recent trip:

1) The iPad is the best invention EVER.

Dear iPad,

Thank you for being invented. I love you. You made the airplane trips so easy. Your 10-hour battery life saved our lives. We didn't have to worry about a DVD player losing battery for the 5 1/2 hours on the planes (we had a connector flight) and Laney just watched movies the whole time. And Lexi watched movies and played other games. I actually got to READ. MY BOOK. For TWO HOURS. And though my girls didn't fall asleep at all, I'm sure that if you had an app for that, they would have. I love you. A lot.
Love, Cassie

2) Lanie's new best friend is Grandpa. Whenever she saw him she's run right over and hug and cuddle him.

3) My sis-in-law Lindsay is cute. And funny. But I already knew that. :) And she's a seriously busy teenager!

4) Lanie is allergic to cashews. THAT was fun. Poor girl. However, she is not allergic to any other nut that I know of. AND it wasn't that terrible of a reaction. She didn't need to go to the hospital or anything...

5) The Georgia aquarium is AWESOME. The girls had such a blast there. Here are a few photos... I think I only took 8 photos the whole week.

Here's the best pic I could get of the 3 of them. Lexi's cousin Kalle was staying with her Nana and Grandpa, so she got to hang out with us. Kalle's mom is having TWINS and is on bedrest, so Nana and Grandpa are watching Kalle for the next few weeks.
Here's Lanie enjoying one of the kiddie tunnels. This place was seriously kid-friendly.
Brandon had to put Lanie on time-out and this is where he decided to put her. I thought it was pretty funny and I exploited her misfortune.


6) Chick-fil-et is really yummy. I haven't eaten there in a while...

7) People still think I'm 7 years younger than I am. Allow me to reminisce... When I was 19, someone thought I was 12. True story. Then, when we were on the plane home to Utah last week, this woman behind me asked my age. I told her I was 26, and she said her friend couldn't believe I was older than 19, but I had two kids. Back when I was 19 it was insulting. Now it's kinda flattering. I guess.

8) Prayer works. It's the only way we got Lanie to sleep on the last plane flight. And it's not fun to travel and 1am with kids.

9) My girls sure love their grandparents. Lexi keeps asking me when we can go back.

10) Traveling with a 4 year old is so easy. She was so responsible and good. We told her she'd have to be understanding and good because Lanie might be a disaster. And she was. She was so accomodating and nice about everything on the flights.

The end. It was so much fun and I can't wait to go back. We love you Nana and Grandpa! (and lindsay of course)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. The time out spot...awesome. The kids look like they had a wonderful time--glad the trip went well :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lexie's hair is SOO cute! I love it.

    ReplyDelete