1/05/2012

Christmas '11


Georgia was so fun for Christmas! In my typical style, here are some highlights of the trip, along with a few pictures. As usual I didn't take the camera out much, so there are just a few pics.

1. Brandon took the girls on one flight while I took the baby on another. Long story short, it was a lot cheaper that way. Brandon said the girls were fine, and I think cuz Brandon and I prayed hard enough, the baby was great- on the way there. Not as great on the way back, but still pretty good.

2. Brandon is He-Man when it comes to security checkpoint lines. He can heft and lift all our hud onto the belt and I got the kids all through. I really don't know how I would do it without him.


Santa lives in our ward. Pretty cool, huh? The girls got to go over and tell him what they wanted.

3. Brandon's parents really know how to host people in their house. They turned a part of their basement into a perfect suite for our little family. It was perfect the whole time there.

4. Lexi and her cousin Jada are best friends. I wish they lived closer together. They hung out the whole time there.
5. My kids are cute. They were very appreciative of their gifts, and loved them all.
My cute girls in their antlers.
Cute Rett in his pj's and antlers.

My girls and Jada in their cute new Christmas pj's.
6. Lexi likes to open all her presents before she wants to play with any of them. It's like she wants to take inventory before she gets anything out. Lanie couldn't have cared less I think. She would have been happy with one present.

Lexi with her stocking.
7. It is actually possible to stall 4 little girls until after church to open their presents. We hung up a curtain to block the presents, and told them that we had to go to church first. They actually did, without any fights. That is amazing in and of itself. And yes, we then came home and got back in our pj's.

Lanie opening presents.

Lexi with one of her favorite gifts, a Trunkie

8. I thought this picture was hilarious, but it needs an explanation. Brandon tricked me and surprised me with a new phone for Christmas. But he wanted me to choose which phone I wanted, so he got an iPhone and a Galaxy so I could play with both, pick a favorite, and then we would return one. This was my face when I opened the gift. I guess that's my confused/happy face? I don't know, but I thought it was too funny not to post.

FYI- I went with the iPhone. It was SO much easier to navigate, and all my stuff on my iPad transfers to my iPhone. It was too convenient to pass up. And yes, I was nursing in the picture. Rett wouldn't wait. :)

My reaction after his explanation...

10. The Wernli's are so fun, and funny. My father-in-law cooks the most phenomenal meat, and my new sisters-in-law are awesome. They are so good with my kids and all so willing to help. We all had such a blast together.

Rett and I tuckered out after opening presents.
All in all, it was so much fun, and I'm SO glad we spent the money to fly there.

Posted by Picasa


No comments:

Post a Comment