2/03/2010

Did I tell you that...


my childhood house burned down? It happened in the beginning of January, and I think I posted something on Facebook. But I was going through old emails today and was looking through the pictures again. So sad...

I lived in this house from when I was 3 til when I was 17. I loved this house. I always told myself I would buy it later on in life. And it's funny- every time I went down to Mesa I always wanted to try and tour my house to see how it's changed, but I never actually did.

Apparently a little kid was watching something on the projector in the basement, and he fell asleep. The projector started a fire. No one was injured, but because of the inaccessability of the basement (it only has the stairway down, I remember it well), they couldn't get to it and it just burned and burned.


The front of my house. Well, not my house anymore, but you know what I mean... I remember my parents putting in that bay window...
I also remember my mom picking out those numbers for our house. She loved them... This house had the best back yard. So big...
This one makes me sad. There used to be an entire upper level. Master bedroom, master bath, library, office... That's not snow on the ground, by the way. It's foam from when they were putting out the flames.
One more little close up of that bay window again.
When's the last time you visited your childhood house?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I commented on Callie's blog when she posted about it.
    My childhood house until I was 8 yrs old was on Glendale. I think i last visited in like 10 yrs ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My childhood home in San Diego burned down too! I was devastated. Like you, I always dreamed about buying it. It burned down in 2005 I believe. Anyway, it was the perfect house for a young family, perfect location, perfect view....but no more. It still makes me sad to think that I won't be able to show my in person the house I grew up in. :(

    ReplyDelete