7/23/2010

Beach '10

Dear Beach,

Oh, how I love you. However, I do not love you when I have two kids and no husband. Family is really good about helping out, but when my kids are ridiculous about who they let help and hold them, it becomes not fun again.

Here are a few things I learned this year:

1) I will never travel without my husband again. I know I said that last year, but it was kind of like childbirth. I forgot the pain it was until I was there again. You know?

2) It's much easier with one. Lexi went to Sea World with some of her other cousins one day, so I only had Laney. That's when I took the following picture. We were having a lot of fun.

3) Lexi is much more afraid of the water than Laney. Laney bolts right into the waves as soon as we get to the beach. Lexi is much more apprehensive. Here's Lex playing in the sand holes.

4) Laney needs more sleep while we vacation. She would be much happier if she'd get a chance to take a long nap. Here she is hamming it up.
5) We have a lot of cousins. Here they are oldest to youngest, minus Jacob's kids. And the oldest is holding the youngest.
6) Although Laney is a total Daddy's girl, when Daddy's not available, she quickly becomes a Mama's girl. She clung to me the whole trip. Sometimes it was very inconvenient.
7) Lexi learned how to make dribble castles- one of the best activities at the beach. Here she is playing with Addie and Trigg.

8) Lexi has a serious 'tude when she doesn't get sleep. And let's be real, even in normal situations she has an attitude. She acted like a sulky teenager most of the trip. And she's only 3 1/2!

9) Laney sleeping was the best time at the beach. I got to relax and read my book. That was fabulous. I know she looks lifeless here, but rest assured, she was just sleeping.

10) Thanks to my Mom and every one who tried helping me during the trip, but I will not be doing it again unless Brandon is there to help. True to his fabulous self, he met me in Vegas on the way home, and drove the girls the rest of the way for me, while I drove in the other car and just listened to my book. It was very relaxing.

All in all, a pretty good trip. If I can afford to live in a beach house one day, I will so do it. I love the beach!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I can just hear & smell the beach from all these pics.
    So glad you had a blast & yes, I am way jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the beach. I miss living in Cali :( I think you are so brave for going alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i SOOO know the feeling-- but u survived, good job!! :) i havent been to cali in a few years-- i miss it. glad u had fun! looks like the kids had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Lexi and Laney...they are so cute. Glad you had a good time...and are even more anxious to go back with Brandon :)

    ReplyDelete