9/14/2010

Dresses and cuddles


So, the blue dress was too small for Lex, and too big for Lane. Oh well. It should fit Laney perfectly next summer. Anyway...

I had fun at DI finding a couple other shirts to make into dresses. I only have time this week to make one dress, the other will have to wait til after we get back from the cruise. Yes, I said CRUISE!!!

So this is the shirt I did this week. First of all, what man in their right mind would wear this? Red and white? You'd look like a candy cane...

But it turned into a pretty cute dress. One thing that bugs me a little- the red band is a little too low. I didn't want to cover one of the buttons, so I put it a couple inches lower than I wanted to. Oh well. It sits on her hips, so it's not too bad. I kinda like it. :) And the picture doesn't do it justice. It's pretty cute in real life. Total cost: $3.50
And Laney of course wanted her picture taken too. She's such a ham. Look at those baby blues...
And this just warmed my heart. Laney was having one of those days, being a cranky pants, and I walked into the living room and saw her cuddling with Lexi. So cute. Lexi was rubbing her back, talking all sweet to her. I swear, Lexi is a better mom than I am. She was born to be a responsible little girl.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Cute dress! I LOVE the cuddling picture. So adorable!! I wish my girls would do that - Kate totally would play the role of comforter, but Jane would never let her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like where the band sits on the dress. Sooo cute! And once again, so jealous. Of your babies and your sewing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress--LOVE it!! and little Miss Lex...she learns from the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So.... just found your blog! Did you know that Dana of dana-made-it.com is Jarond's cousin? I saw the dress you made and laughed because I knew that was her tutorial. Turned out super cute!!

    ReplyDelete