1/14/2011

Lexi's haircut

Lexi never lets me cut her hair. Only when it's just a trim. But on Wednesday she decided to cut it herself during her quiet time. Oh joy. At least it wasn't an inch away from her scalp. You can see it here a little. there are other pieces that were an inch shorter or so.
Here's another pic. You can see it in front. So, we went to get it fixed...
Here's her hair now. To be honest, I don't like it very much. I always wanted to try this haircut on her, but she never let me. Now that she has it, I don't know... She looks like a foster child. Her hair is too thin to get any kind of volume out of it, and it doesn't compliment her face very well. Maybe I just need to get used to it. AND I can't do all the fun hairdos I used to do either. I tell her it's beautiful of course... and she's grounded from the scissors til she's 5. :)
Lexi LOVES it. Her best friend Rylee has this haircut, so now she can match with her friend. So if you see her, tell her it's adorable. Then I won't have to lie as much when she asks me. :) Does that make me a terrible mother? To hate her haircut? She's still a cutie...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. It just needs a little style. Wish I was there. It still cute. With curl it'll be fabulous. Just play with her natural curl and a curling iron. Oh the things I could do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it around her face! She looks so cute! But I would like it better stacked in back. Don't worry, it'll grow out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i actually think it's darling! I've thought of doing it also, but so far I'm too afraid I'll hate it

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be a cutting month... ;0) It turned out way cute thought...even if it will take some time to grow, it looks darling, and her little smiley face on Sunday said it all...that she loved it too :D

    ReplyDelete