4/23/2011

Burfdays

Sorry, this post is pretty picture-less. Sorry bout that. I'm such a lazy picture taker. Anyway...

Brandon's birthday is April 10, and mine is the 18. It gives us a pretty full week for birthday celebrations. The problem is, I wasn't really feeling the whole birthday thing this year. I don't know why, but 27 didn't seem like an exciting number. This is a problem because it means I didn't really get into Brandon's birthday either. I know, wife of the year. AND, his birthday landed on a Sunday. Somebody please tell me how on earth you celebrate a bishop's birthday on a Sunday?! AND, I had been gone all weekend at a Ladie's retreat- more on that later. So again, wife of the year.

Our Sunday looked like this: Brandon leaves at 7:30, later than usual, and essentially stays at church all day til about 4:30. I was going to bring him lunch and celebrate at the church a little, but he found time to come home and scarf some food down. So there goes my one surprise I was planning. Then, he invites some old friends over for dinner, which was super fun, but we couldn't really celebrate as a family. THEN, I have stake choir practice, which I'm the director of, at 7. I didn't get home til 8, then I had a million phone calls to make. Brandon's birthday was a bust. I made it up to him I hope. We went out on a surprise date the next night and had lots of fun at Tucano's.

By the way, the benefit of having two birthdays in the same month- two free birthday dinners at Tucano's. We're going there again for my birthday dinner tonight. Holla!

For his birthday present, I told him I combined his and my birthday and got a bunch of camping stuff so we could go camping with the girls the next week. Which we did, and it will be the next post.

ANYWAY, for my birthday, I told Brandon I really didn't want or expect anything, which was totally and completely true. I had a monster headache, and I just wanted to relax. My grandma was visiting us for a day from AZ, and we were talking about how good boiled peanuts are.

Side note- the two best things about having a southern grandma are 1)Grits and 2)boiled peanuts. SOOOO good.

Brandon went to the store and bought some roasted peanuts for us to boil. Roasted peanuts aren't as good as raw peanuts to boil, but they were still pretty good. Such a nice birthday present!


Then he got Lexi to hide some eggs around the house with little notes inside about what Lexi loved about me. So cute. He made up one, and she made up the rest. Try and guess which one is from Brandon:

1) Thank you for reading me stories at night
2) We are grateful for a wonderful Mommy who loves us.
3) Thank you for teaching me how to read (for the record, she reads 3-letter words. That's it.)
4) Thank you for making me feel better when I feel sad.
5) Thank you for always helping me clean my room. (I'm an enabler, I guess)
6) Thank you so being SO hot!
7) We are grateful for the best dinners ever- we love granola bars too.(This one's funny because she hates eating what I cook)
8) I love it when you give me surprises. (Shocking)
9) We love your wonderful smile.
10) I love that you gave me the game Fashion Solitaire (Lexi's addicted)
11)We love your hugs- you give the best hugs
12) Thank you for playing with me and taking me to the dino museum.

So nice. That night, I felt a little better so I went shopping. I got a book for me, one for Lex, and one for Lane. Brandon has a million books at home that he wants to read first, so I didn't get one for him. I told you, wife of the year. Then I went to Old Navy where I got 9 articles of clothing, for me and Brandon, for $63. It's always nice to get a deal. Including some shirts I can wear during my 'fat' period. You know what I'm talking about. Where you just feel fat until you're about 5 months along? Yeah.

It was a lovely birthday. Thanks hub, for making me feel special!

No comments:

Post a Comment