4/16/2011

Numero Tres

I have been a blog absent these days, but at least I have an excuse...
That's right. I'm prego with baby number 3. Here's the only problem. This pregnancy is WAY harder than my other 2. Whoa boy. Let's see how my symptoms add up: 1) These headaches are driving me crazy. I had mild headaches with the girls, but none, I mean NONE, this bad. They're incapacitating. My poor girls have to entertain themselves most days, and don't even talk about how messy my house is. And poor Brandon has to pick up the slack. He so good about cleaning, making dinner, and keeping the girls entertained while I lay in bed. Ugh. I never get nauseous. Never have. But these darn headaches are going to be the death of me. 2) There is nothing better than cold and dark. Do you know how weird that is to someone who loves warm and bright? Just when my car gets warm in the morning and my body gets comfortable, I get a headache. And showers make me miserable. SHOWERS. The best part of anyone's day. I have to rest my head on the cold wall while my body gets warm in the water. Again, WEIRD. The good news- my bedroom is always cold and dark. Ahhhh, just thinking about it makes me want to go lay down... 3) I have to eat every 2 hours. I mean, HAVE TO. You think that sounds fun, right? The problem is I have to bring food with me wherever I go. And only certain things sound good at certain times. Funny though- Funyuns are always yummy. Not exactly the most healthy food on the planet. 4) Do you know how pregnant I look? I look 5 months pregnant and I'm only 12 1/2 weeks. I asked the doctor to check for twins- nope. Just one baby in there making me look huge. I'll try to post a pic, but frankly that doesn't sound very fun right now. 5) Soda sounds disgusting to me. I love soda. I guess that's pretty unhealthy. But it helped with headaches with the other pregnancies. I'm trying Excedrin (aspirin free, don't worry), but it's hit and miss as far as helping. 6) What I realized is that every time I needed to have my energy reserves and no headaches, I had the help I needed. I really think the Lord was helping me out big time. If I had a responsibility for my calling, I had the energy. If I had something I needed to do for the community (like singing time), I had help. It was pretty crazy. In a good way of course. 7) I seem to be sighing and touching my head a lot. I feel like the sighing helps relieve the pressure in my head. And rubbing my head, well, doesn't help, but for some reason I do it too. :) 8) I'm so excited to be pregnant, don't get me wrong. I think the reason why it's so annoying to me is because I had easy pregnancies the first two times. If I'm not having a boy, I'm going to be mad. :)
This is Brandon's idea of coloring with the girls during conference.
For Brandon's (and my) birthday, this was dropped off to us on our door. It's kind of an inside joke, but it's our family made out of rice krispies Mr. Potato heads. I thought they were stinking adorable, and really yummy. :) Be prepared for some make-up posts in the near future...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. wahoo!!!! congratulations!!! 8) Just one question though...why are you due at 38 weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those potatoe heads are AWESOME!! :) seriously- real creative. you do NOT look like your 5 months prego, you gotta b kidding me!! you show faster the more you have-- thats all. i hope its a boy... and my dream comes true! :) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I consider your symptoms my fault. I'm sorry. I think it's the whole twin connection. Your tapping a few of my symptoms. Try sitting in the shower and resting your head on the wall. It helps. Cold on the back of the neck helps a ton with headaches too. try frozen anything on the back of your neck and wrapping it with something to keep it there. I'm sorry it's harder this time. Wish I could help. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! And no--you totally don't look pregnant...promise. Thanks for sharing your sweet girls with us--can wait to see what this next little Wernli is like :D

    ReplyDelete