3/12/2012

I am Woman, Hear me Roar

I have wanted to redo the living room for a while now. I had the toys in Rett's room, and the girls could never put their toys away because he was sleeping. I wanted to bring the toys back into the living room.
Brandon wasn't so excited about the idea of moving everything around so I did it behind his back-- I mean, surprised him when he went out of town on Monday. :)
Here is what our living room used to look like...
One of the problems was that darn doll house. The girls love playing with it, but there was no place for it.


I also wanted to put the rocking chair back into Rett's room, and this is the wall I wanted to put all the toys on.
The new living room... The TV and bookshelf on this wall...
The long couch by the windows...
The new toy wall. Behind the curtain is that Doll House. Thank goodness I can cover it up when the girls aren't using it.
I put those cabinets together in the morning, and Lexi helped me organize the toys into the bins, which she was VERY excited about. Like mother, like daughter. :) Then I had my friend Ron come over and get the shelves up for the turtle cage. That was really nice because I would have done a terrible job getting those shelves up. I went to Home Depot, got the wood cut, painted them black, and bought the brackets. But I had NO idea how to put them up properly. I also had Vanessa come over and help me with the girls while Ron did the shelves.
The bins needed the tags so the girls can put their own toys away, so I looked up pictures online, had them printed, then put the pics on scrapbook paper, laminated them and tied them with ribbon, and put them on the right bins. I think they turned out kinda cute. :)
And don't worry, Brandon LOVES it. :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Quite impressive - especially with Palm Pilot on the TV :) I am almost inspired to organize around here. My room needs serious help!

    ReplyDelete