6/18/2012

13.1

Let me start by saying that I'm not a runner. Really, I'm not. I do it because it's a REALLY good cardio workout, and when you have a ghetto booty like mine, you find good workouts to work your bum. :)

I've done 10k's before, and my bestie convinced me to run a half-marathon with her.

June 9th came, and so did the half-marathon. I can give a bunch of excuses: I had a baby 8 months ago, I didn't train rigorously, I'm a total wuss, etc. but I know that I will always be a slow runner, and that's okay with me. :) I did better than I thought, I finished at 2:09, which is a little less than a 10-minute mile.

Before the big race. Did I mention that we had to wake up at 3am? The buses left at 3:30, and the race started at 6am. Whose idea was that?!

I was pretty exhausted at mile 10, but then I saw good ol' Cougar Stadium, and it totally pumped me up. Go BYU!!! It was fun running by all my old haunts.

After the big race. So tired!

Honestly, the rest of the day, I just vegged. Brandon was out of town, so my poor kids pretty much entertained themselves all day.

All in all, I was glad I did it, but I will never do that again. I'll just stick to 10K's. They're long enough to be hard, but not too long to kill me. :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about running, but I still do it. I am pretty impressed that you did it only 8 months postpartum! Nice Cassie!

    ReplyDelete