5/26/2009

The Beach!

If you know me, you know that the beach is my absolute favorite place in the world, particularly southern Cali. Last week, I packed the two kids up and drove, by myself, to CA to stay in my sister's beach house. It was a BLAST! But here are some things I learned.



1. I'm NEVER again driving by myself with the kids for a 12-hour trip.

2. Cockroaches are attracted to the smell of poopy diapers.

3. Don't leave poopy diapers on the bathroom floor of the McDonald's to attract said cockroaches.

4. Lexi is terrified of cockroaches. She gets that from her mom. Lexi's reaction was priceless. (convulsing and screaming)

5. Puke does NOT smell good in the car.

6. If I say anything is nice and funny, Lexi will love it. For instance, Lexi was scared at first of the ocean. As soon as I said it was a nice ocean, she was all over it. Just look at the pictures below. She loved the water.




Here's some pics. Lexi LOVED the beach.



This was in the backyard. How could you not like that??

My girls...


My sweet Laney sleeping on the beach. My babies love the sound of the waves.


Lexi woke up and wanted to see the beach every morning. Good thing it was right in the back yard!



This is my fabulous niece Kylee playing with Lexi, and her dad Greg playing with Addie. Kylee is 15, and she's already 5'10". She's also a great playmate to all her cousins.


Chillin' in the beach chair...

This is all Lexi wanted to do- jump over the waves. It was freezing, but she still loved it.


Lexi wouldn't cooperate for this because she was tired. Oh well...



Seriously, thanks so much Rebecca and Joy for opening your beach houses to us. It was awesome!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Did you chop your hair?? It looks adorably short! But maybe I just can't tell...your girls look so happy! What a great mom to make that HORRIBLE drive out there by yourself!! You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO brave to do that drive with two babies, looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO sorry your drive was so bad. When we told you to come, we were HOPING you'd get lucky!! It was really great to see you though, totally worth it (for us, haha.) Thank you Brandon for letting her come!

    ReplyDelete