7/01/2009

Organization

The organizational section at Ikea is like my heaven. I could spend hours coming up with reasons to buy most of the things they have there. It's so exciting to me to have projects to keep my life organized. So, if you've been to my house and seen our big black toybox in our living room, you know that it was my personal nightmare.

We bought it when Lexi was a year old and hadn't accumulated that many toys. Nowadays, it has just been awful. So, I went to Ikea, saying that I would just get some ideas on what to do with Lexi's toys. Of course, I came home with a book shelf and storage bins. Below is now our beautifully organized toy shelves.

They are in Lexi's room and no longer in our living room. Hallejuiah. Surprisingly, she still takes naps and doesn't play with all her toys. And it came with a place to put all her books as well. (They were just on the floor before.)

Lexi loves helping us put her toys away now. They have pictures on them so she knows exactly where they go.

Next stop: Laney's closet. Yes, That's seven boxes full of baby clothes. Most of this was organized before Laney was born. But my wonderful sister Sherry still gives me hand me downs of baby clothes, so when I get a new bagful, I needed to get some more boxes. There are now two boxes of 0-3 months clothes and it will be that away again for her 3-6 months clothes when she grows out of them.

I just hope Laney never needs closet space. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love Ikea too!!!! My favorite is the free babysitting! Yeah! Oh, and the Swedish Meatballs and the Swedish Fish. Oh, and the As-Is section. And the kids section. And the plants, and the kitchen tools and the bedding...LOVE IT ALL! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete