5/06/2012

San Diego, part 1

I've decided to break this up, because I love talking and it would be way too long all in one post. :)

Welcome to one of the best weeks of my life. :) I got to spend an entire week at the beach, kidless, reading a book.

Brandon had a conference in San Diego, it happened to fall on my birthday, and it was perfect timing for my mother in law to watch the kids so I could go with him. The kids had a blast with her, and I had a blast at the beach.

This is my view from my beach spot. Every day, I would have the same routine: wake up, go the the hotel gym (I knew I'd be eating a ton this week), get in swimsuit, make a stop at subway for a sub, get to the beach, set up my cabana, read for 5 hours, sleep sometimes, then go back to the hotel and shower, wait for hubbie to be done working, then go out to eat and have fun with the hubs. I don't think I've ever been so lazy. And it felt GREAT.

I weened the baby before I left, but brought the breast pump (Kim, you're awesome. That breast pump saved my life) so I could continue to breastfeed when I got back. Problem is, I'm very prone to breast infections and I went 12 hours without pumping while I was traveling. Big mistake.

That night I could feel an infection coming, and the next day I was in denial, and then I broke down and called my doc to call me in a prescription for antibiotics. Tell you what, I was SO GRATEFUL I had a rental car when I had to go to the pharmacy at 10:30pm. Antibiotics kicked in quick, and then I was fine.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip--so glad you had time to pamper yourself and that Brandon's mom got to have fun times with the kiddos :D

    ReplyDelete