2/03/2009

I need a vacation


Not that I'm feeling overwhelmed or stressed. The only reason is that I have a TON of books to read in the next week, and it's just not going to happen. Here's my two main ones. In both I'm only a third of the way through, and I just don't think I'll find the time to get to them before I'm induced on Wednesday. The hypnobirthing one isn't really anything serious. But I want to read it before I go into labor.




On the bright side, the doc checked me today, and I'm at 1 1/2cm and 40% effaced. I know most of you aren't interested, but I was excited. Obviously, that isn't much. But with Lexi, even at 5 days overdue I was at 0. Completely 0. So, I was happy to hear that today. At least my body's doing something.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!! Congrats to you and here's to hoping that your body continues that progress!! Also, can I watch Lexi for you so you can have time to get things done or just relax? Kennedy isn't sick anymore. If you're willing to bring her to me I'll watch her as long as you want. Seriously....please let me help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, 1 1/2 and 40% effaced is great! Your body is getting ready to do its thing :) Let me know if there's anything I can do for you in this last week. Really.

    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  3. See Cassie! Your body knows exactly what is is doing and is going into labor just fine. Maybe you won't even need to be enduced :-) That would save you the long hours anyawys. Good luck! We'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sleep habits book doesn't really give any practical advice until 6 weeks to 3 months, depending on how early the baby is. It mostly explains theory for later on. So it can wait. Let me know how you like the other one!

    ReplyDelete