5/23/2010

Lexi's first primary talk



Lexi gave her first talk in primary today. I've been practicing with her all week, and we even went to the church yesterday to practice it. Lexi is so shy, that I knew she would have to feel REALLY comfortable in her surroundings to pull it off. And she did! She was shy at first, but as soon as I was kind of squatting next to her by the pulpit, she did great! She was quiet, but great. I'm so proud of her. I didn't have to help her at all. Here's a video of her practicing on Saturday. Don't mind her dirty hands. We were planting a garden right before. If you can't understand her, and she tends to be lazy about her talking, this is what she says: "I am Lexi Wernli and I'm 3 years old. I have faith in Jesus Christ. When I'm mean to my sister Laney, then I can say Sorry. When I'm 8 years old, then I can be baptized. Then I can get the Holy Ghost. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

3 comments:

  1. That is such a good idea to go and practice ahead of time.
    Katelyn is shy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jealous. I know this may sound crazy, but I've so been looking forward to Peyton singing with the primary in Sacrament and giving her first talk. The ward out here does not do either. AT ALL. (I seriously think they live in a weird bubble out here) I guess I have plenty of time though huh. ps, love your new birthday purse!! LOVE IT! Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't mind...found your blog via Wendy's. Lexi is getting so brave...even though, yes, she is shy...I know she did great. She is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete