5/04/2010

My Birthday!

I can't believe I didn't post about my birthday! It was probably my best one yet. This might be a long post...

So, my bday was on Sunday this year, and as you might know, I don't get my husband at all that day. So, to make it up to me, Brandon gave me my present on Saturday. Which was...

a $100 american express gift card, and the WHOLE day to myself. Ladies, this is THE gift to ask your husband for. It would have been good even without the money.

So, I started out my day with a trip to the temple. GREAT way to start off. Then I went to Ross, and bought these shorts:


Beautiful, aren't they? :) I have slimmed down a size after Laney was born (please don't hate me), and I've been having to wear all my pants with belts, and I've been feeling like a hobo. So, I told myself I'd just wait until it got warmer and get some smaller shorts that actually fit me for the summer. Too bad Utah thinks it's still winter! But it's always fun to shop. I got some new salt and pepper shakers too.

I also went to Payless and got some sandals for Laney. She didn't have any summer shoe-wear.

Then I went to Target to get some kitchen utensils. Useless tangent-- So, I got a total of 4 presents at my wedding. Groom from New York + Parents who divorced and then got back together a month before my wedding = possible awkward situations for family friends and guests; therefore, no one came to the reception. Either that or I was REALLY unpopular my whole life. Oh well. I'm over it. It was a really fun family party. But because of this fact, we didn't have, well, anything when we got married. No bedding, pillows, towels, plates, toaster, vacuum, silverware, cups, etc. You name it, we didn't have it. My mom was SO nice to get us a LOT of stuff with the leftover wedding budget. She really set us up. Thanks again, Mom! But all the things we got were from Ross or Walmart. Needless to say, they weren't meant to last very long. :) I do have to add that we got extremely fabulous pots and pans for my bridal shower from my Mama Ginger and Rebecca. It will be at least another 10 years before I have to replace those...

So, since we got married, I've been slowly replacing our kitchen items. A couple years ago we got a new toaster, in January I got a new blender, and so for my bday I got an apple cutter, a cheese slicer, an ice cream scoop, and this baby:

Cooking is SO much easier and a lot more fun when you have good kitchen gear. My santoku knife. Chopping veggies is SO easy now!

I also got a new purse that was on sale at Target:


I love it. My other purse was getting a little old-looking. I'd had it for 3 years.

Then I went to In-N-Out, got myself a cheeseburger, fries, and Coke, and read the rest of my book (Catching Fire) for like 3 hours. It was awesome.

The perfect day. And my perfect husband, while I was gone, deep-cleaned the whole house. DI trips and all.

Honestly, I married the perfect person. I felt totally pampered and appreciated. It was EXACTLY what I needed.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! That sounds like a great day, especially the clean house when you came home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hate you for being so dang skinny, but you make up for it in so many other ways! ;) Like being a great mother/wife. You and Brandon both married the perfect person! I'm glad your day was so fun. A day like that sounds absolutely DIVINE to me.

    ReplyDelete