7/20/2011

Can you just smell the organization??

It's funny, Brandon and I are always talking about the fact that I lOVE organizing, but I'm not a great cleaner. He thinks it's weird because they should be one in the same. But for some reason it's not that way with me. Oh well. I'm working on my cleaning habits, one by one, and I promise I'm getting better. :)

Anywho, welcome to my recent project. I have 12 boxes of girls' clothes. Yup, 12. They are pictured below. I've been running out of space and boxes for quite some time now, AND the boxes aren't sturdy enough, AND I feel like they were too small, therefore requiring more boxes and more space, AND I'm not having a girl next so they will be in storage for a while until one of the 'Proffitts' have a girl (hint hint Margs, haha), etc. So... I decided to fix things.

Walmart is having a sale on their storage totes ($4.88 for the 18-gal beauties you will see below. GO GET SOME), so I picked up 14. Some for my girl clothes, some for Christmas decorations, etc. I WILL find a purpose for all of them, believe me.

Okay, so here's the before... You will see some are beat up from being in storage and they didn't hold up well.
After. Yes, I have an entire storage bin for little girl shoes. Funny though, I don't have any socks. They don't store well. One always gets lost...

Aren't they beautiful? These are perfectly sturdy and weather proof, and they work so much better. One bin for each age group, and I have room for everything now.

AND, I'm recycling the 2 sturdier boxes for Boy clothes. I already have a box for 0-3 month boy clothes, thanks to Michelle W. for giving me clothes. I also took out the plain white onesies for 0-3 and 3-6 months I had for girls. I'm a onesie kinda mom, so I know I'll be using those.

I feel like I'm ready for a boy now. I love organizing!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment