4/22/2009

Sewing is like the Twilight series...

Once I start, I'm addicted. :)

I've been trying to save money lately, and I decided to try my hand at sewing. My wonderful grandmother gave me a sewing machine for my birthday last year, and since then I've been doing little things. But I wanted to make a summer wardrobe for Lexi without breaking the bank. I've been SO lucky to get hand me downs for Lexi from my sister Rebecca, but nowadays her daughter and Lexi are about the same size. So alas, I have to come up with summer outfits for Lexers.

I bought shirts at old navy for cheap, and I went and got matching material. My sister Jan told me a very simple skirt pattern and how to do it, so I went for it. After about a million phone calls to Jan the first night, I've got it pretty okay. I've done four outfits, and I have two more skirts to do. Six outfits for about $40. Not bad, eh?

This was my first skirt.
My second skirt.

It was really fun picking out material.
Lexi LOVES wearing her skirts. She feels like a princess every day. She's used to having to bundle up for cold weather, so she's had fun the past couple days.

When I start a new skirt, Lexi says, "Another kirt, Mommy?" I say, "Yes, honey." She says, "Thank you Mommy! Thank you!"

I have a lot of material left, so I was thinking about making Laney matching ones. I don't know if I want to be that ambitious or not. We'll see.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. So Stinkin cute!
    Maybe I should give it a try.....Maybe:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious. Lexi is adorable. And way to go Cassie! All domesticated. I'm sure James would appreciate it if I were more like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea. Clothes are pricey. If only boys could wear skirts . . . (I think pants would be beyond my talent scope)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute, I want some! I wonder if I could make those. I can pretty much only sew a straight line. I have only done quilts and window treatments. Maybe it is time to plug in the sewing machine and invite Jannalee over for a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are awesome! Lexi looks so cute in her new skirts. Great job, Cassie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well look at you! So crafty! They are super cute and I'll bet Lexi LOVES them. Miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete