8/26/2010

It fits!

My wedding dress has been lost for 5 years. I couldn't fit it in the car to take it back to Utah after my wedding, so my sister kept it for me in AZ until I could get it back. Very nice of her, I might add. A year or so later when I asked her if I could take it back to Utah, she said she gave it to my mom to store. My mom was on a mission at the time in Germany, so I emailed her and she said she doesn't remember getting it from my sister. It kinda felt like a wild goose chase. So I asked all my sisters (6 of em) to check their closets and see if they could find it. It's not like it's a small object, you know? It has to be somewhere. No one could find it. A year or so later, my mom gets back from said mission, and looks all over for it. ALL OVER. My poor mom probably checked all her storage 100 times in summer heat in AZ and couldn't find it. I'm sure she felt terrible, I felt terrible, and I gave up. Enter sad face here. I loved that dress...

Fast forward to, what? Three weeks ago, maybe? My sister said she found it!!! With her wedding dress. It had fallen to the bottom of the bag and she didn't know it was in there. My mom came to visit and go to Education week, and she brought it with her. So, of course I had to get it out and try it on...

Sorry, they're not very good pics. I not very photogenic in the first place, and it had been a long day. Anywho...

It fits!!! (Picture wicked stepmother of Cinderella saying this. I do.)

Note: There's supposed to be a full slip skirt on underneath to fill out the bottom. I didn't have one.
Laney freaked out when I had that dress on. I don't know, maybe she thought there was a glitch in space and time, and by me having a wedding dress on, it would mean she didn't exist yet. So to try and help, we dressed the girls up in their white outfits and took a couple photos.

Those outfits are adorable. They might have to wear them in our next professional photo shoot.
This photo cracks me up. It was chaos trying to get pictures taken. But, all in all, it was fun.

Now you must all go get your wedding gowns and take a picture. Go. Now. I promise, it's fun. :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. There is no freaking way I will ever fit into my wedding dress ever again. I'm not fat or anything, but for 3 months before I got married I went to the gym for several hours every day, 6 days a week. I would do an hour and a half of cardio every time. AND I was on a low carb diet and didn't eat a bite of sugar. I was SKINNY. My dress was tight on our wedding day, it will never fit ever again. But I'm not sad. I looked GOOD that day. And I think I look good now. But unless I get some sort of disease that eats away at my body, I'll never be that skinny again. :) Glad yours fits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rented mine since it was a lot cheaper than buying one. At least I have a ton of pictures and some video to see myself in it on our wedding day. :) I'm glad your wedding dress was found!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassie! I am sooooo HAPPY for you! I knew that dress couldn't have been lost forever! YAY! You loved that dress so much, it was meant to be :-) You better hold on to it tight this time! And you look fabulous by the way...Maybe even better 5 years later! Is that possible? You're so pretty and really I am sooo happy you have your dress back!!!!! That's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete